Creamy + Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
My Paw Paw used to make these super creamy and fluffy eggs! I miss him so and I am glad he told me how to make these. The key is to cook them on medium low heat and take them off before they are set which allows the residual heat from the pan complete the cooking.
I LOVE these late night with scallions and extra pepper...soooo yummy!
You will need:
1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
1/4 cup half and half or milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into small bowl and add half and half (or milk).
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Mix eggs with chopsticks or fork until yolks are completely broken and milk is well incorporated into the whites.
4. Add butter to preheated skillet and allow it to foam and slightly begin to brown.
5. As soon as butter begins to brown, pour in eggs all at once.
6. Slowly begin to stir the eggs with chopsticks or small non-stick spatula. Swirling the eggs in a clockwise motion around the pan to create pillowy ribbons of egg. Keep stirring.
7. Stir in until eggs are almost done and still wet. Turn off the heat and continue to stir in circles. Clockwise and now counter clockwise too, this will begin breaking up the ribbons into little fluffy clouds of egg.
8. Plate onto warm plate and enjoy immediately.