Easy Pizza Dough + Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Hey! Pizza dough is staple in our house...this is a super versatile dough that goes beyond pizza. You can make bread sticks, garlic knots, and calzones too! Possibilities are endless. This dough is soft, chewy and still bakes crispy if you want it to!
You will need:
.25 ounce of dry active yeast
1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup bread flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons honey (sugar can be used...dough will have more crisp)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a small bowl combine the yeast and the warm water. Set aside until creamy about 10 mins.
2. In a large heavy bowl, I like to use a porcelain bowl, combine the flours and salt. Whisk together.
3. When the yeast is creamy, add the honey and olive oil into the small bowl and stir together.
4. Pour wet mixture into the flour and stir with a large spoon until well combine and begins to form a dough.
5. Work the dough in the bowl to form it into a loose ball.
6. Remove the ball of dough from the bowl, oil the bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of oil and roll the dough around in the bowl, coating it with oil.
7. Cover the bowl and dough with cling film and let rise for later use or you roll out on floured surface and use immediately.
We recently made buffalo chicken pizza with this dough and it was soooo yummy!
To make Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
You will need:
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup Texas Pete's or Frank's Hot Sauce
3 tablespoons unsalted butter butter
1/4 red onion (sliced thin)
1/4 scallion (chopped)
1 cup chopped/torn baby spinach
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 table spoon dried Italian herbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a skillet, cook chicken and add 2 tablespoons of butter and hot sauce. Shred with two forks. Set aside.
3. Roll out dough to desired thickness on parchment paper (transfer to baking sheet) or pizza stone.
4. Prick the surface of the dough several times and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for 5-10 mins or until pizza is just melted.
6. Remove pizza dough from oven and evenly distribute chicken, red onion, scallions, and spinach.
7. Bake pizza for an additional 10 mins until toppings are heated and bubbling.
8. While pizza is baking, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in a small bowl. Add salt and Italian Herbs.
9. Remove pizza from oven and brush seasoned butter around the edges of the pizza. Return pizza to oven to bake an additional 5-10 mins depending on the thickness of the dough and the preference you have for the doneness of your dough.
10. Remove from oven and slice! Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links that we may make a small commission from if you purchase from us. We only recommend products we actually trust and use professionally and personally.