The Perfect Sunday Bacon
Elevate your bacon on Sunday mornings or any day of the week! This bacon isn't just for breakfast but can be made for sandwiches too...BLTA anyone?! Yum!
You will need:
6 slices thick sliced bacon (I use Wright's Applewood Smoked)
1 teaspoon course or butcher black pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar (I used dark but you can use light)
Note: Do NOT preheat your oven. You will want to start in a cold oven to render the fat out slowly for the PERFECT bacon.
Let's get started!
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place bacon on baking sheet making sure they do not touch or overlap. If you are using more than 6-8 slices of bacon, use a separate baking sheet.
3. In a small ramekin mix black pepper and brown sugar together.
4. Sprinkle black pepper and sugar mixture over each slice of bacon evenly. Spread and press into bacon with spoon or fingers.
5. Place bacon in cold oven and heat to 375 degrees. Let cook on the preheat cycle or 15 minutes. (My oven's preheat to 375 is 15 mins)
6. After the preheat cycle finishes, move the bacon to the top rack and bake for 12 mins. Check for desired crispiness and cook for increments of 5 mins until you reach your desired crisp. I baked mine for 17 mins total.
7. Allow bacon too cool slightly on the sheet and then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Transparency: Post contains affiliate links that we may get a commission from if you purchase with our link.